Anything goes!

Altuslumen
Site Admin

Blizzard of 2014

Post by Altuslumen »

At 8am CT we had 3".
12pm 6.5".
1:15pm 9".

It is still coming down pretty hard. I've shoveled the driveway once so far. After the snow it is supposed to go below zero and stay there until at least Monday afternoon with a high of 4 degrees F. I'll post some pictures later.

Altuslumen, Aaron

Myrsho
Global Moderator

Re: Blizzard of 2014

Post by Myrsho »

We got about 3" to 4" in central Missouri. However it drifted closer to 7" or 8" on most of my driveway. I have it cleared right now but it will probably drift some again tonight. Also the snow plow will block the end of the drive way I expect. Snow stopped several hours ago for us.

Myrsho : Damek : Bulldog : Lance
Anything worth analyzing is worth analyzing to death.

Altuslumen
Site Admin

Post by Altuslumen »

It pretty much stopped about 5pm here. We ended up with 10.5". I just got from the second shovel. There is a lot of blowing snow, so I'll see how bad it is in the morning. It is down to 10 degrees (-11 wind chill).

Altuslumen, Aaron

Ortian
M

Post by Ortian »

I shoveled my driveway and drove an hour to get to work, whats normally a 20 min drive. We had almost 20 people not show up. But no one came in to build the truck loads so I've been on the clock for almost an hour and have just been watching football. So overall not terrible yet

Altuslumen
Site Admin

Post by Altuslumen »

That's my driveway. The pile of snow is about 3.5' deep. It was a lot of snow to move.

Altuslumen, Aaron

Stryx
D

Post by Stryx »

Thanks for the picture. I sure don't miss dealing with that.

Altuslumen
Site Admin

Post by Altuslumen »

I finished the "Puppy Path" today in the backyard, it was about 1 degree F. The snow is about as deep as Chloe's legs are long, in other words it was hard for her to move through the snow but miserable to squat in. I made a small path for her yesterday, but today I did a strip in front of the porch and all around the fence line (her favorite area to mark her territory). I also added a strip down the middle of the yard to the back fence (she had a trail there so I figured she might use it). In some spots in the yard the snow had drifted to about 13 inches, to the top of my boots.

Altuslumen, Aaron

Ashien Velor
MM

Post by Ashien Velor »

Snow drifts as high as 4' in my driveway.

And yes, that's not a typo, 4ft of snow that I had to toss out of a driveway that slopes downward. :)
I'm sore today, but at least I didn't have to clean off my car.