Fota and Ronnoc can save you some money!

Anything goes!

Fota

Fota and Ronnoc can save you some money!

Post by Fota »

Hey guys, I wanted to invite you all to visit our website:

www.5linx.net/mytime

When you renew your cell phone contracts, we can get you the phone you want at a better price than going directly to the store of your carrier.

We can also hook you up with internet, satellite TV, and other products too.

The best part is that you get the big name carriers (DishNetwork, Cingular, AT&T, etc.) but at a much better price than ordering through their websites, store, or 1-800 numbers. It's because they don't have the cost of TV commercials, celeb contracts, etc. going into your memberships with them since Ronnoc and I are doing all the work instead.

Just keep us (and your pocket book) in mind when you need to renew your cells or buy other communication products/services.

Altuslumen
Site Admin

Post by Altuslumen »

The Cingular -> AT&T rebranding has finished, thus there is no more Cingular. It is just the former name of AT&T's wireless division. :D

Altuslumen, Aaron

Fota

Post by Fota »

Ahh. I was wondering when that would be done. Our company sites still say Cingular for now. *shrug*

Altuslumen
Site Admin

Post by Altuslumen »

Yeah, it was just considered finished last week, and this week cingular.com shut down. It is a pretty new change, but something that AT&T wanted to get done before the iPhone at the end of June.

Altuslumen, Aaron

Dizzy
L

Post by Dizzy »

I'm actually pretty excited that AT&T bought cingular, I just hope the re-branding is as seamless and the sprint/nextel was.

On a side note, as a consumer I'm pretty excited about AT&T coming back full force, im just a bit worried about their "land line" type business. Verizon is doing an overhaul of the NE and laying down fiber optic lines to replace all the old copper lines, where as AT&A is banking on just a maintenance/expansion of their copper...

I think Verizon made the better move here, assuming that both complete the changes... but then again... im not sure if AT&T has all the NE business that Verizon does... so it might work out for them in the long run.

being here in the south it is AMAZING that so many people only have net access at work.. i feel like im in the 70's sometimes....

Altuslumen
Site Admin

Post by Altuslumen »

Well, Verizon is running fiber to everyone's house. AT&T is running fiber to the local node (~ a mile from houses). AT&T will have the option later on to run fiber the rest of the way. Verizon is spending a lot of capital right now without the return to justify it, they are banking on it paying off in the long run. AT&T is taking a more conservative approach and our stock prices are showing that investors appreciate that.

BellSouth and AT&T (formerly SBC) co-owned Cingular (40% & 60%), thus merging with them isn't that difficult since they were already working together, just not as a single company.

Altuslumen, Aaron

Dizzy
L

Post by Dizzy »

Ohhh Alt, I didnt know you knew about all of that stuff!

Yup, co ownign makes the rebrandign easier... but consumers still resist it.... so I hope it goees really well for them.

I've alwyas liked AT&T so i just hope they can come back uber strong!

Altuslumen
Site Admin

Post by Altuslumen »

I didn't read a lot about telecom stuff until I started working for AT&T, but now I find it interesting. From our internal notifications the rebranding is going better than planned, thus the reason the "Cingular" name was retired a few months earlier than the original plan.

I know the AT&T name has a few hurdles, like in St. Louis people knew it as the annoying company that called to offer long distance and SBC was the phone company. But, that seems to be going away as people get used to the change. Hopefully the same can occure in wireless.

Altuslumen, Aaron

Myrsho
Global Moderator

Post by Myrsho »

Not to 'poo poo' on your 'AT&T is great' party, but I've been having the worst time getting my new phone set up here at the house. I've called AT&T more times than I would like to count and have spent a few hours on hold or talking with CS. At least one or two CS agents entered an order for transfer incorrectly, and if I hadn't called again this morning they would have never gotten my phone going. Right now my house rings with a number that doesn't belong to me, and the number I was originally assigned gives the message that it has been disconnected. The tech people are on this now and are going to sort through all the orders and get them completed so that they can finally transfer the correct number to the house.

Now I'll admit that I'm really dealing with SBC (since this is local service) but I get to have fun bashing AT&T since that is the current name of the company. It is a good thing they took on the AT&T name since I would have hated to say anything bad about SBC. :)

Myrsho : Damek : Bulldog : Lance
Anything worth analyzing is worth analyzing to death.

Dizzy
L

Post by Dizzy »

lmao yeah.. i even had to endure bad stories about people from gamestop when i wsa there...

not everyone can be perfect like us.

(ok most ppl cant be)