Walking Dead Finale - Spoilers

Anything goes!

Altuslumen
Site Admin

Walking Dead Finale - Spoilers

Post by Altuslumen »

Ash,

I saw your FB post, I'll need to rewatch the Andrea scene but I assumed the sound was the gun dropping, not a shell.

Altuslumen, Aaron

Ashien Velor
MM

Re: Walking Dead Finale - Spoilers

Post by Ashien Velor »

I may need to rewatch it as well, but I played it twice and it didn't sound right to me. :/

Ashien Velor
MM

Post by Ashien Velor »

Update: Since I own this episode on Amazon, I re-watched it and there are 3 distinct sounds:

1. The gunshot (this one is obvious, heh)
2. A lighter metal sound. To me, this sounds like brass hitting the floor. I'm not a gun expert or anything, but I go to the range every couple of months, the main gun I shoot being a .357 magnum, which is what Rick carries (in an obnoxiously loose holster), and Andrea uses to shoot herself with.
3. A heavier clunk, which I can only assume is the gun hitting the concrete. While I personally think the sound would be heavier, I'm not going to argue with this one. It's clear this sound was meant to be the gun hitting the ground.

For your convenience, I uploaded 17 seconds of the scene to Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQwQMfwRths

Altuslumen
Site Admin

Post by Altuslumen »

Yeah, it did sound like a bullet casing. Though, maybe it was supposed to be the bullet after it went through her head? Though, it was probably just sloppy sound work. All the gun related sounds are muffled in the show, but the gun wouldn't have had far to fall since she was already on the ground so at least the third sound being muffled is plausible.

Thanks for loading the clip.

Altuslumen, Aaron