Altuslumen
Site Admin

Hail Storm 04/28/2012

Post by Altuslumen »

Hail 1 - almost baseball size.
Hail 2 - almost baseball size.
Hail 3 - backyard covered in hail.
Hail 4 - backyard covered in hail.

St. Louis had a big hail/thunderstorm this evening. Not sure if any areas had tornadoes or not. We had a lot of hail, a lot. I've never seen hail this large before. Nor this much hail at once. Walking in the backyard afterwards it was really cold, it is bizarre to walk in ice water after it was pretty hot today. It felt like walking barefoot in the snow.

No obvious damage for us, I would be surprised if we don't have roof damage but I can't really check that right now (nor do I really know how to check for it).

Altuslumen, Aaron

Stryx
D

Re: Hail Storm 04/28/2012

Post by Stryx »

Those are some incredible pictures. Glad to hear everyone is alright and minimal property damage. Those hail stones look like some window-breakers!

Myrsho
Global Moderator

Post by Myrsho »

Wow, those would hurt. I take it your car was pulled under the car port enough to avoid damage?

Myrsho : Damek : Bulldog : Lance
Anything worth analyzing is worth analyzing to death.

Altuslumen
Site Admin

Post by Altuslumen »

Yeah it was under the carport, enough we can barely access the passenger side doors. We had heard that the storm was coming so I made sure to get under as far as I reasonable could. When the hail started I checked to make sure it wasn't being hit (it gave me a good excuse to go out and watch the hail for a bit). While I was outside the tornado sirens started.

Altuslumen, Aaron

Ashien Velor
MM

Post by Ashien Velor »

Myrsho wrote:

Wow, those would hurt. I take it your car was pulled under the car port enough to avoid damage?

Mine was not under a car port, however I do not see any major dents (some little ones though).