Updated Server Status

Anything goes!

Altuslumen
Site Admin

Updated Server Status

Post by Altuslumen »

Ash asked for Naddist Rebels to get added to the server status list, which caused the header to grow beyond what can fit in a 1024x768 display (not that I really expect anyone to be using that resolution but I still think that is the standard. So, I changed the display and each column is now a different company so only one timestamp is needed per status page. I may still change some stuff around, feedback would be great.

I also changed the backend code to only hit each status page once per company. The code was originally designed just to get Shatterbone, so when I added other games/servers I didn't worry about the efficiency much. But with three SWTOR servers it didn't make sense to load the server status page three times to populate my database.

Altuslumen, Aaron

Altuslumen
Site Admin

Re: Updated Server Status

Post by Altuslumen »

Do the colors make enough sense that I could remove the status text (unless it is red, then I'd leave it to explain).

Blue = Low/light population (weak).
Green = Medium/standard population (good).
Yellow = High/heavy population (warning).
Red = Queued/Offline/Error (bad).

Altuslumen, Aaron

Stryx
D

Post by Stryx »

I might suggest making it even easier with just an up (green) or down (red) designation. I generally only use it to see if a server is up or not. I do not base anything on the server population. Even with queues, after month of launch those typically die down. DCUO almost always shows "high" anyway.

Ashien Velor
MM

Post by Ashien Velor »

I'd take out blue (don't think I've ever seen it used here anyways) and leave standard (green) heavy (yellow) and down (red)

Was also tempted to ask for the League of Legends NA server to be added, but it seems like Myrsho is more interested in Eq2 alts atm (especially with the level cap increase I suppose, and him having 2 raid toons) and I'm getting more and more into TOR, so I don't think it's necessary.

Ashien Velor
MM

Post by Ashien Velor »

okay, seeing blue statuses now that I'm looking for it, my opinion still stands on just going to the Green, Yellow, or Red.

Altuslumen
Site Admin

Post by Altuslumen »

Blue doesn't really matter except to spot declining servers. Right now it is interesting to note the Jung Ma is more populated than Naddist Rebels and Space Slug (part of the reason to leave Space Slug was that it didn't have a great population). Really, after a month or two after launch all that is really needed is Up or Down (unless you want to see which servers are declining). For now I'll keep the colors.

For the SOE statuses it is based on CPU load (not actually population). Thus, since DCUO is just one server for all of the the US PC players it is almost always at a heavy CPU load, thus why it is so often yellow.

Altuslumen, Aaron

Ashien Velor
MM

Post by Ashien Velor »

Star Wars servers just came back up, I'm guessing this may have something to do with the heavier load on JM.

Altuslumen
Site Admin

Post by Altuslumen »

I've updated the server status on the portal (both URLs take you to the portal).
http://sheffieldfamily.net/forums/portal.php
http://sheffieldfamily.net/forums/
I've added SWTOR.The Harbinger and SWTOR.Prophecy of the Five. I have SS and NR still on the list but they are below the server they merged into now with a "^" before their name to indicate where their population went. I'll remove SS and NR at some point, I still need to pull my toons off of SS.

Last night both The Harbinger and Prophecy of the Five were full, that has to make the game more fun. Jung Ma wasn't full but that's probably due to not having enough RP PvP servers to combine into one.

Altuslumen, Aaron