Grimm

Anything goes!

Altuslumen
Site Admin

Grimm

Post by Altuslumen »

Anyone else watching Grimm? I wasn't sure about it from the commercials but so far I'm enjoying it, it seems like it might last but I'm a really bad judge when it comes to fantasy based shows lasting, especially on a major network.

It reminds me a lot of Buffy/Angel, but they are trying to be more serious. I'm not thrilled about it being a cop setting (that has been done to death the last 10+ years IMO, but I guess it is still popular). I like fantasy settings with rich lore, so we'll see how this turns out.

If you are curious about the name of the show, Brothers Grimm is the origin. I downloaded Grimm's Fairy Tales last night and plan to read it at some point.

Altuslumen, Aaron

Stryx
D

Re: Grimm

Post by Stryx »

I saw the previews for this and dismissed it for the most part. I questioned the apparent mix of real life and fantasy. Normally, those scenarios turn out to be cheesy.

I'm really bad about sticking with a television series. I do not watch a lot of television and I always remember something is on after the fact. I usually get around to watching something I am interested in through netflix after the second or third season. That way I can just sit down and watch everything with some continuity. I just finished season 3 of True Blood and started on the Game of Throne last night.

Althius
CC

Re: Grimm

Post by Althius »

I watched the pilot which felt like CSI: Neverland. I think at least at this early state, it is taking it self too seriously, and needs some of that 'Buffy' Whedon-esc humor.

Taking monsters super seriously makes them seem silly. Taking monsters with a grain a salt and a bit of a wink makes them hip and cool. I might watch more down the road if I hear more good things.

I've been watching "ONCE" more regularly, and while that one has potential, it has been very much 'one note' so far. Good actors, so that helps a bit.