World Series Game...

Anything goes!

Althius
CC

World Series Game...

Post by Althius »

So... pretty good game last night Alt? You were there, right?

Altuslumen
Site Admin

Re: World Series Game...

Post by Altuslumen »

Yeah, I was there. My head still hurts from all the screaming the last three innings. I don't think I'll ever see a game that exciting again. It was awful baseball for most of the game, the crowd was dead except for the few thousand Ranger fans (my guess is a lot of people sold their tickets since we couldn't clinch). Two unearned runs in two innings on routine fly balls, after that you could talk with the people around you like it was a game that meant nothing mid summer when you were in last place. My dad and I were actually talking about who was going to win the MVP, Napoli or maybe Holland (who I think was in line for a second W), but we both guessed Napoli.

In the 8th when Craig hit that home run the crowd started to wake back up. Starting in the bottom on the 9th pretty much everyone was on their feet except between innings the rest of the game. We tied it in the bottom of the 9th, where our seats were we couldn't see the Right Field corner, so my first indication that something good happened was the umpire calling the ball safe, then I saw the ball roll out away from the wall. Though, after Motte gave up the two run HR to Hamilton (who's legs looked pretty good last night) we again thought it was over. Freese and Berkman really came through for us, not to mention Jon Jay getting his first two hits of the WS. Those last three innings were a lot of fun to watch.

La Russa may have had a bad Game 5, but he out managed Washington last night. Though, I'm not sure why he wasted Jackson like that, maybe Joe and Tim could explain it, but both pictures were just going to bunt. I get Washington going for the win in Game 6, but I don't get using Holland when he could have started on full rest tonight.

I'm hoping the Rangers are demoralized after last night and come out flat tonight (like the 1985 Cardinals in Game 7). After the Rangers were one strike away from winning twice I'm pretty sure the momentum is in our favor.

Altuslumen, Aaron

Altuslumen
Site Admin

Post by Altuslumen »

I like most of Joe Posnanski's articles, this one is about the comeback last night.

If I'm at all a representative of St. Louis as a whole today our productivity is taking a big hit. Granted, I'm just doing some training today, it would be different if I had a defect or something with an important deadline. I just can't stop reading and thinking about the game last night. Getting home at 1am CT isn't helping either. I can't imagine what it would be like to be a Rangers fan right now, but I'm okay with easing them into a WS win. One win last year, three this year, maybe next year they can work on that fourth win :twisted:

Altuslumen, Aaron

Altuslumen
Site Admin

Post by Altuslumen »

Not the best Game 7 but I think it is a completely different game if Freese didn't tie it up in the first. By the bottom of the fifth the Rangers seemed done (at least after giving us two runs for not swinging). Though until Motte got the first out I was still pretty nervous, with a four run lead and Motte in the strike zone I felt pretty good. I was hoping he would get a strike out for number three to join Suttet, Gibson, and Wainwright. But he still got the hold (was to big of a lead for a save).

Congradulations Cardinals.

Altuslumen
Site Admin

Post by Altuslumen »

The Cardinals Will Win the World Series another article by Joe Posnanski, a fun looks at the last two months.