Game of Thrones

Anything goes!

Althius
CC

Game of Thrones

Post by Althius »

In case you haven't had the inclination, may I suggest in the highest terms possible, that you pick up a copy today.

If you like Fantasy type fiction even a little, you will love this book. I tore through it in a day or two, and then the next two in the series right after. Its like Lord of the Rings... only better. Wait, is that possible? Let me check. Yep, no Tom Bombadil. It's better.

Seriously... go read Game of Thrones right now. I'll wait.

Sobias
M

Re: Game of Thrones

Post by Sobias »

forget reading. come play RIFT!

Callsigns: Sobias--Bonejj--Tylandus--Savien--Kraetonus
RL: Ryan

"....and then one day, I got in!"

Altuslumen
Site Admin

Post by Altuslumen »

I'll have to add these to my list. I spend most of my reading time reading old books due to getting free electronic copies on my phone (makes it easy to read during lunch). This is actually a series I've heard about (I work in IT fantasy books are normal water cooler topics, lol).

A Game of Thrones

Altuslumen, Aaron

Althius
CC

Post by Althius »

I simply cannot recommend the first three highly enough. Without giving anything away, what I love about them is they are not... safe.

Most book you read you have main characters, and you know those characters are safe. They might be in danger, but you know they will get out of it (Okay maybe minor characters in a Stephen King novel, or major ones in the last 1/4). But in GoT, no one is safe... ever. When you read a chapter where something bad is happening... you quite literally will find yourself on the edge of your seat.

Sgtwilliams
CCC

Post by Sgtwilliams »

I just found this forum.

All of the books in the Game of Thrones series are incredible, cannot put down, cannot stop reading, cannot wait for the next one fantasy.
this is not traditional heroic fantasy. This is the best fantasy series I have ever read hands down.

Forget the HBO Series, it is like trying to describe the LOTR books in a 90 minute episode.