The Cape

Anything goes!

Altuslumen
Site Admin

The Cape

Post by Altuslumen »

Anyone else watch this last night? I normally don't watch non-sports live but wanted to watch this to avoid spoilers at work.

Code: Select all

[hide]SPOILER|Text[/hide]

Just replace "Text" if you want to use the hide feature.

It was decent, but didn't seem that original to me. If others watched it then I'll add more thoughts.

Altuslumen, Aaron

Sobias
M

Re: The Cape

Post by Sobias »

My dad watched it. I had no idea it was on....I don't watch hardly any TV!

Callsigns: Sobias--Bonejj--Tylandus--Savien--Kraetonus
RL: Ryan

"....and then one day, I got in!"

Stryx
D

Post by Stryx »

I was flipping between the game and pawn stars last night.

Altuslumen
Site Admin

Post by Altuslumen »

[hide]SPOILER|It struck me as very Batman like, more so Batman begins then anything, but without the rich backstory of his training (it is a TV show after all, lol). IMO, it started too quickly. I would have preferred a slower start and fewer villains introduced. Why on earth introduce three villains right off the bat? The conflict between The Cape and Chess also started immediately. Not that I have a huge problem with that but it seemed to push the story forward too quickly, though I guess it was necessary for his disappearance. Unlike most comic stories the hero has a day job, with The Cape being 'dead' that adds a bit to the story that I'm sure will be a conflict for him on multiple occasions.

I'll keep watching it most likely, especially with Smallville ending this season that is the only superhero show on broadcast TV.[/hide]

Altuslumen, Aaron

Altuslumen
Site Admin

Post by Altuslumen »

Monday (02/14/2011) was the first episode I thought was great. That being said it ended with a 'To Be Continued,' so it hasn't wrapped up. I can understand them wanting to wait to lay the groundwork to get to an episode like this but it still feels like they have wasted several weeks getting to an episode with this much quality. All that being said better to start slow than to Firefly it and air the episodes out of order.

On a completely unrelated note, I just type 'firefly' into wikipedia and the insect came up. I really expected the TV series to be the default for 'firefly.'

Altuslumen, Aaron

Sgtwilliams
CCC

Post by Sgtwilliams »

I Love Firefly. Never watched it on TV the original, but caught it all on Hulu one day with a pulled back when I couldnt leave bed. Now I have it permanently on my Roku. My 11 year old loves it and we have watched all the way through. Between Zombies (Walking Dead) and Sci Fi I might actually make her a semi geek. Or I can hope anyways.

Althius
CC

Post by Althius »

Bad news, now listed as: "essentially cancelled".

http://www.tvline.com/2011/01/renewal-s ... he-bubble/

Altuslumen
Site Admin

Post by Altuslumen »

I wish I could say I was surprised. It just took too long to get rolling. They finally got around to adding a lot of depth to the characters but it needed to happen within the first three hours IMO.

Though, with Heroes being mentioned at the top of the article it is making me want to watch Heroes again (well at least season 1).

Altuslumen, Aaron

Althius
CC

Post by Althius »

Never has a show been so awesome and sucked so bad.