Anything goes!

Sgtwilliams
CCC

checking in..

Post by Sgtwilliams »

What is new?

Me work work work work
Moved in with the GF, house is empty for sale and rent
Been biking alot, contemplating another Ironman next summer, gotta commit this summer if I intend to do it.
GF thinks I have too much stuff, or more like together we have too much stuff.
One of my cats doesnt like her cat, that is interesting
been playing COH a smidge only because I can pop on for 30min to an hour and get something done then log off.
Need a good offline RPG, Temple of Elememtal Evil like, or Baldurs gate perhaps. But since MMOs are the big money makers I dont see it happening anytime soon

Miss the casual conversation, miss the crew, cant say i miss the ignorance.

Cheers

Sobias
M

Re: checking in..

Post by Sobias »

CHECKING IN

hey man. how's it going? do you still get the need for norrath as i do? it is hard to believe that in 4 short months, it will mark the first year anniversary since i was really able to do much. it was right around halloween that my main pc went caput. wow.

well, enjoy life. do the ironman. i sure as hell cant myself!

Callsigns: Sobias--Bonejj--Tylandus--Savien--Kraetonus
RL: Ryan

"....and then one day, I got in!"

Altuslumen
Site Admin

Post by Altuslumen »

CHECKING IN
Good to hear from you. Glad to hear things are going well.

Things have been busy here with the baby, but settling into some sort of normal. The PC you gave me has been great. It makes two-boxing so much more fun, lol. Both toons zone about at the same speed now, it is great. It is really only Myrsho and myself that play on Mistmoore still, so we both box a lot.

COH did seem really well designed for short periods of play, but the missions seemed to get old, even after just a few weeks. I haven't played it but Dragon Age is supposed to be a great offline RPG. It is probably worth picking up.

Altuslumen, Aaron

Sobias
M

Post by Sobias »

Altuslumen wrote:

CHECKING IN
It is really only Myrsho and myself that play on Mistmoore still, so we both box a lot.

Have I missed something, has Stryx gone too?

Sgtwilliams
CCC

Post by Sgtwilliams »

New exciting update.... or not really

Saturday night had a server in Mexico go down hard.
It is our finance office in Tlalapantla which was in the midst of Fiscal year work
So by Sunday at 4am I was in the airport, and in Mexico city by noon.

Time to look into a different career I tell you.

back in the states now.

and yeah what happened to Stryx!!

Sgtwilliams
CCC

Post by Sgtwilliams »

Trying out Dragon Age. I could do without the Video parts of the story I would really rather read them.

All the same you guys are kind of quiet.

Altuslumen
Site Admin

Post by Altuslumen »

I don't understand why it happens, but it does. When people stop logging in here we tend to move to the smallest available forums for our chatting. Since it is down to just Myrsho, Tryntero, and myself still playing we are using a forum that only the three of us have access to :)

I'd agree though, cut scenes can be fun, but they will never replace some of the old school forms of presentation. Makes me miss MUDs, text only MMOs, lol. There was so much room for the developers to do what they wanted without having to worry about graphics, UIs, etc.

Altuslumen, Aaron

Tryntero
MM

Post by Tryntero »

take lamp
n
w
w
w
u
i
verbose
score
quit
;)

I can't speak for others, but usually my senseless banter in the other forums is prompted by not wanting to bore other people with my nothingness (preceding mud reference excluded - guess the game?). On the other hand, I never feel bad peppering Alt and Myrsho with my drivel, cause I think they're used to it by now. lol

Tryn got this started then stopped logging in for the day, lol. He should be forced to read what he is putting us through.

Sobias
M

Post by Sobias »

I still check the forums daily, but don't see much random conversations going. I too agree that it stinks. I miss the days we were all making posts. I guess that's what happens.

Altuslumen
Site Admin

Post by Altuslumen »

MUD
No idea what game. My old favorite command was:
hide
ambush orc leg
attack
I played a rogue in GemStone III, you could ambush other body parts but if you were able to cut off the leg of what you were fighting it was a pretty easy victory, going for the neck had a lot higher chance of failure.

Altuslumen, Aaron

Myrsho
Global Moderator

Post by Myrsho »

MUD
I'm not sure if Tryn is referring to a MUD or not. I played a dozen different ones throughout the years, but I don't recognize that as any typical starting point. Also a command of 'score' seems a bit out of place for the ones I played. There were a bunch of stand alone PC text based games and the most famous of the bunch was Zork. I'm not sure of his movements (I would have to check my hand drawn map) but if that is Zork I then he forgot to check the mailbox and he ended up in the attic of the house and probably got eaten by the gremlins in the dark. :)

Myrsho : Damek : Bulldog : Lance
Anything worth analyzing is worth analyzing to death.

Tryntero
MM

Post by Tryntero »

Myrsho wrote:

MUD
I'm not sure if Tryn is referring to a MUD or not. I played a dozen different ones throughout the years, but I don't recognize that as any typical starting point. Also a command of 'score' seems a bit out of place for the ones I played. There were a bunch of stand alone PC text based games and the most famous of the bunch was Zork. I'm not sure of his movements (I would have to check my hand drawn map) but if that is Zork I then he forgot to check the mailbox and he ended up in the attic of the house and probably got eaten by the gremlins in the dark. :)

I did! And yeah it was Zork. I was just bein playful... read: senseless rambling. ;)

Tryn got this started then stopped logging in for the day, lol. He should be forced to read what he is putting us through.

Altuslumen
Site Admin

Post by Altuslumen »

EQ2 folks that think there isn't enough on the boards be sure to read the flurry discussion :twisted:

Altuslumen, Aaron

Sobias
M

Post by Sobias »

Altuslumen wrote:

EQ2 folks that think there isn't enough on the boards be sure to read the flurry discussion :twisted:

/yawn. all it is is math. boring. :)