New show

Anything goes!

John
CCC

New show

Post by John »

MERLIN

Good new TV show just started. It is on Sunday's at 7:00 central. Thought others may like it! :)

Altuslumen
Site Admin

Re: New show

Post by Altuslumen »

MERLIN
I haven't seen it yet and probably will never watch it unless it is online, lol. But, it does sound interesting, I'm a fan of the fantasy setting and the whole Aurthur/Camelot world.

Altuslumen, Aaron

John
CCC

Post by John »

MERLIN
I know that the episodes are currently on NBC's website if you are interested. :)

Altuslumen
Site Admin

Post by Altuslumen »

MERLIN
Watched the first two today on hulu.com. An interesting take on the story.

Altuslumen, Aaron

Sgtwilliams
CCC

Post by Sgtwilliams »

The problem with network tv and fantasy or sci fi.... From the perspective of Rob Williams. (Can be said of comic book adaptations as well)

They want to appeal to the broadest audience possible, so they will dumb it down, put in cutesy characters, and generally take a decent storyline and dork it all up. I will be traveling this weekend and will check this out on Hulu but I fear the worst. Wolverine would have been an awesome R rated movie, but you make it R you remove half your potential audience.

Sci fi did ok with Battlestar Galactica, HBO does well with Rome (HBO doesnt have to abide by the same rules) HBO is actually doing a series of the George Martin books, which if you like fantasy, you will love his series. It isnt Heroic Fantasy like any I have read.

I hoped with the success of the LOTR series in movies we would see more good fantasy movies and shows. But it just isnt there, if you dont have the big name to draw in the non-fans then it wont get made.

Purely My opinion of course.